Up to £23000 per annum
Monday - Friday
Our industry leading client is looking to recruit a Materials Manager to join their expanding team.
As the Material Manager you will be responsible for monitoring existing production plans, advising of any gaps or delays within the materials flow. You will lead weekly meetings, review current methods and processes, monitor OTIF and investigate errors and discrepancies in the system. You will also need to be prepared to see and visit suppliers if required.
- Run and evaluate multiple BI reports on a daily/weekly basis, in order to analyse current production plans, current demand, planned orders and potential shortages
- Expedite any outstanding material orders with suppliers
- Own, plan and control the manufacturing of Sub-Assembly items
- Constantly assess and review department methods and processes, including KANBAN systems, always striving for continuous improvement
- Provide cover to the department as and when necessary
- Monitor vendor OTIF and provide quarterly reviews in order that proper material levels are maintained, and the system is updated when necessary
- Monitor and develop customer OTIF, providing reasons and solutions for any failures
- Work closely with production, providing guidance and help when needed regarding any issues arising from errors on W/O's, picks, transfers, SO's, BOM Configuration, etc.
- Monitor current supplier base certification list, updating records as and when required
- You will be self-motivated, with an excellent attention to detail and the ability to work on your own initiative. You will also have flexibility and adaptability in tackling new tasks, along with a willingness to learn.
- You will be confident and have the ability to work on an individual basis and as part of a team with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing ERP systems ideally Microsoft AX Dynamics, would be an advantage but not essential
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel (strong Excel skills such as formulas may be an advantage)
If this sounds like you, please apply today.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to get back to you within 48 hours. However, your application will be reviewed by a consultant as quickly as possible and if you are shortlisted we will aim to call you within two working days.
If you do not receive a call please do not be despondent. Typically only one candidate can be successful per role! Please apply for any future roles in the same way. Good luck!