Purchase Ledger Supervisor
£22k - £25k
Ascendant Recruitment are working closely with a local firm in Milton Keynes. This company is fun, friendly energetic and all round a great place to work. Due to maternity leave our client is looking to recruit an experienced purchase ledger manager on a 12 month FTC to start immediately.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years AP experience and 2 years in a supervisory role. You must also be able to work in a fast paced environment and possess strong advanced excel skills.
- Manage day to day activity of the Purchase Ledger Support team
- Provide cover for the Senior Accounts Administrator and support to Accounts Administrators
- Code Invoices, post and obtain approval
- Resolve queries/disputes with suppliers in a timely manner
- Reconciliation/tidy of aged creditors for the group
- Prepare regular payments for suppliers and post onto system
- Send out supplier payment remittances and ensuring payments allocated correctly.
- Maintain payment schedule
- Prepare accommodation analysis - ensuring monthly accruals and prepayments are accurate, posting of journals, raising queries, and ensuring deadline for completion is met
- Analyse overhead costs by supplier at month end and ensure accurate prepayments and accruals are made, including following up of missing invoices
- Complete Rent, Rates and Service charge schedule monthly and post the relevant prepayments and accruals
- Complete electricity schedule and post the relevant accruals where needed based on meter readings provided by facilities team
- Maintain rental deposit account, ensuring deposit refunds are being chased effectively and account reconciled monthly.
- Escalate invoice queries where purchase ledger support are struggling to resolve in a timely manner
- Ensure the query spreadsheet for cost queries is updated weekly and email across to the relevant teams.
- Update candidate P11D data each month
- Oversee management of the accounts payable mailbox and ensure it is being maintained
- Liaise with credit control with refunds made for payables but paid to the receivables account. Transfer from Sales Ledger to Purchase ledger where necessary